Translate

Sunday 12 May 2013

HAPPY MOTHERS" DAY


MY MOTHER!!!!!!!

Who sat and watched my infant head
When sleeping on my cradle bed,
And tears of sweet affection shed?
My Mother.


When pain and sickness made me cry,
Who gazed upon my heavy eye,
And wept for fear that I should die?
My Mother.

Who taught my infant lips to pray
And love God’s holy book and day,
And walk in wisdom’s pleasant way?
My Mother.

And can I ever cease to be
Affectionate and kind to thee,
Who wast so very kind to me,
My Mother?

Ah, no! the thought I cannot bear,
And if God please my life to spare
I hope I shall reward they care,
My Mother.

When thou art feeble, old and grey,
My healthy arm shall be thy stay,
And I will soothe thy pains away,
My Mother.   
By ANN TAYLOR
HERE IS MY OWN VERSION!!!!!!!!

When i was down with fever so strong,
She sat beside me asking God,
my soul to keep,
And there she stayed until the fever went,
My mother!!!!!
                                                                                                                                                                                                   

She taught me how to read and write,
How to dot my i"s and cross my t's
My health is sound because of her,
Am the woman i am today all because of,
My mother!!!!!!!!!!


The little girl i was yesterday,
she brushed my teeth and combed my hair,
got me dressed and prepared for school everyday,
little things she did for me,
now look so great and rewarding today,
My mother!!!!!

She tucked me into bed every night,
when i was little,
made me say my prayers everyday
when i grew up and left for boarding school
those prayers kept me warm and calm
I hope she lives to see and reap all the fruits of her labor
My mother!!!!!!

I used to be mad at her  when i was just a little girl,
i never understood why she did some of the things she did to me
She would scold me so hard that i will cry and question her maternity
Now i am older and i get it
She was keeping me from going astray
I will forever be grateful to you
My mother!!!!!!!!!

I pray to God our souls to keep,so when she is old and weak to care
That i will be there to cater to her needs.
And if in a million years my choice to make,
i will always choose you,
My mother!!!!!!!!


BY ME,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RHODA PETER

No comments:

Post a Comment